When you think of a cruise, do you think of all-you-can-eat buffets, gourmet
dinners, late night desserts and cringe at how much weight you may gain? For the fitness-minded, that shouldn’t be a concern, as there are many shipboard activities to keep you in shape.
Most cruise lines know the importance of staying fit and have fitness centers that are well-appointed with cardio equipment, free weights and even some classes. If you don’t want to spend all of your time in the gym to counteract all those decadent calories, there are ways you can still stay ahead of the caloric game.
- Avoid the elevators and use the stairs as much as possible, as you navigate through the ship.
- Some ships have designated running tracks on one of the decks. Or, plan some of your port time to jog along the beach or boardwalk.
- Practice your yoga on your balcony or in one of the wellness spas.
- Go play!! Many cruise ships now have activities such as rock climbing, surf machines, or ice skating.
- Plan active excursions in port. Try something like water sports, horseback riding, or nature hikes.
You can make your cruise vacation as active or idle as you choose. The important thing is to be safe and have fun! If you are interested in a cruise either individually or with your favorite fitness crew, let Journey Scapes Travel help you plan your adventure!