Nothing can put a damper on a relaxing vacation more than getting to your destination and realizing you forgot to do something. Pay a bill? Let your bank know that you are going to be away from home? Put out the garbage?
Along with your trip packing list, make sure to have a pre-travel check list. Some things to include:
- Clean out perishable foods
- Get prescription medications refilled
- Check with your doctor to see if you need any special vaccinations or health concerns for the destination you’ll be visiting
- Notify family and friend of your travel plans in case of emergency
- Hold mail and other services
- If you don’t have a house sitter, see if your local police department will do vacation checks
- Set your thermostat and automatic light timers
- Be sure your passport is valid at least six months from your RETURN date of travel
- See if you cell phone company has special plans for international travel
- If you’re planning on getting a rental car, make sure you get your international drivers permit/license ahead of time
- Download any books/movies/music onto your phone or other devices
- Place extra copies of your travel documents in separate locations of your luggage, in case one gets lost or stolen
- Pack extra prescription eyeglasses
- Have any special batteries and cords for your camera/phone/laptop in your carry on
- Double check that doors and windows are locked
We’ll keep track of your pre-travel deadlines and even print out your extra travel documents and luggage tags for good measure. Just be sure to double check your list before you leave!
Journey Scapes Travel specializes in cruise and all-inclusive style vacations. We are committed to offering personalized travel services and customer service satisfaction of the highest quality. To find out how we can be of service to you, please contact us and we will gladly assist you.
Call: 503-558-4418 or email email@example.com.